Some of the best Czech Republic restaurants can be found in the beautiful capital city of Prague. It is noteworthy that Czech restaurants can be very crowded between lunch and dinner so it is wise to consider a reservation. Many hotels can take care of arrangements for advance reservations and offer excellent recommendations for restaurants catering to the tourist crowd and locals alike.
Here is a list of some of the best restaurants in the Czech Republic.
- Lokal. This is one of the most popular Czech restaurants in Prague. They offer great řízek s bramborovým salátem (schnitzel and potato salad) and many other simple, classic, well-executed dishes with very reasonable prices for the center of the city. Reservations are usually required in the evening.
- Cestr. This restaurant is all about the meat, with a particular focus on beef. There are a wide variety of beef steaks, cooked in many different ways.
- La Degustation Boheme Bourgeoise. This is one of the most expensive restaurants in the Czech Republic but it is worth it. The food here is exceptional and delicious and service is very good.
- Café Louvre. This was a favourite place of many famous people such as Franz Kafka, Albert Einstein and Karel Capek. The dining rooms have also been nicely restored to capture the atmosphere of the early 20th century.
- Café Savoy. This great-looking and popular restaurant does a number of international dishes, but they also have many versions of Czech cuisine.While enjoying your meal in the restaurant don’t forget to look up and check out the beautiful ceiling.
- Café Imperial. This restaurant is run by one of the country’s most famous TV chefs, Zdeněk Pohlreich. It is one of the most stylish and interesting dining rooms in The tall walls and high ceilings are completely covered with Art Nouveau ceramic tiles and mosaics dating back to the Imperial Hotel’s construction in 1914.