There is a number of museums in the Czech Republic each with an interesting story and an intriguing collection. Here is a list of some of the most interesting museums which are worth visiting.
- Moldavite Museum in Cesky Krumlov. If you are interested in origin of the mysterious mineral you should definitely visit the Moldavite Museum located in Cesky Krumlov. The total estimated number of fallen Moldavites is about 20 million and if all of them were found and put together, they would form a sphere with a diameter of 14 m.
Location: Panska 19, Cesky Krumlov 38101
Nearby hotels: Penzion Delanta, Hotel Zlaty Andel, U Maleho Vitka
Nearby sights: Historic Center of Cesky Krumlov, Egon Schiele Art Centre, Plague Column
Official website: http://www.vltaviny.cz/en
Tel.: +420 602 655 828
- Puppet Museum in Chrudim. The Renaissance-style Mydlarov building with arcaded loggia and rich sculptural decorations in Chrudim houses the Museum of Puppetry. There you will see displays full of puppets and theater and stage props.
Location: Bretislavova 74, Chrudim 53760
Nearby hotels: Hotel Bohemia Chrudim, Penzion Polosport, Penzion Marketa
Nearby sights: Hrad Kuneticka Hora, White Tower, Resselovo Namesti
Official website: http://www.puppets.cz/
- Municipal Museum in Marianske Lazne. The former House “The Golden Grape” where the famous poet Goethe wrote a love story about the young Ulrika is today the seat of the Municipal Museum. This is the oldest building in the city where you can learn about the history of picturesque spa and famous visitors.
Location: Goethovo Namesti 11, Marianske Lazne35301
Nearby hotels: Golf Hotel Morris, Esplanade Spa & Golf Resort, Danubius Health Spa Resort Nove Lazne
Nearby sights: The Colonnade, The Singing Fountain, Pravoslavny Kostel Svateho Vladimira
Official website: http://www.muzeum-ml.cz/
Tel.: +420 354 622 740
- Pribram Mining Museum. This is very interesting museum which offers amazing underground tours, a ride on the mine train, numerous expositions, mining structures, railways and many other unique sights.
Location: Nam. Hynka Klicky 293 | Pribram, 261 01
Nearby hotels: Novy Rybnik, Welltor Hotel-Wellness centrum, Penzion Time Cafe
Nearby sights: Old Town (Stare Mesto), Charles Bridge, Old Town Square
Official website: http://www.muzeum-pribram.cz/cz/novinky/
Tel.: 318 626 307
- Brewery museum in Plzen. Here you will be told the story of beer from antiquity to the present based in the original brewing-house in the historic center of Plzen. This entertaining, educational exhibition presents production processes, the secrets of production and different ways of serving and drinking this hops-based drink over the centuries.
Location: Veleslavinova 6, Pilsen 304 14
Nearby hotels: Angelo by Vienna House Pilsen, Courtyard Pilsen, Ibis Plzen
Nearby sights: Museum of Religious Art of the Pilsen Diocese, St. Bartholomew’s Gothic Cathedral, Zoo Plzen
Official website: http://www.prazdrojvisit.cz/en/tours/brewery-museum-tour/
- Museum of Glass and Jewelry in Jablonec. The museum is located in wonderful Art Nouveau building in Jablonec. Here you will discover wealth of collections on display. You will have the opportunity to see the historical jewelry and fashion accessories some of which are almost 3000 years old.
Location: U Muzea 398/4, Jablonec nad Nisou 466 01
Nearby hotels: Apart Hotel Jablonec, Hotel Merkur, Hotel Brizky
Nearby sights: Prehradni Nadrz Mseno, Nova Radnice, Vranov Pantheon
Official website: http://www.msb-jablonec.cz/
Tel.: +420 483 369 012
Comments to "Museums in the Czech Republic"